CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Biography Book Reports

I had such a great time watching the kids present their person in our Biography Book report presentations.  The month of February, the entire class participated in a biography or autobiography report.  Throughout the year, I let them choose their genre as they work through the selection I gave them at the beginning of the year.  We mark the reports they've done on a chart in the classroom.  When a student has read the biography carefully and fully understands the events of the person's life, the reports are really neat to watch and listen to.  The students present themselves in the first person, fully dressed in character.  Here are some individuals we learned about:

Amelia Earheart

Ronald Reagan

They created time lines and completed the written book report as well.  I'm loving Pinterest for all of the ideas I'm able to steal  borrow and use in my classroom.  The kids will be choosing their March book report book by this Friday (2 days).  Happy choosing.

I never give extra credit!!!!
As an interactive bulletin board, I wanted to present the kids with an opportunity to be observant and show some self initiative.  We have done a few lessons on different types of patterns, so I had them create their own.  I would like for them to notice the board, the detailed directions, complete the task, and turn it in to me for some ...sh........ extra credit.  Not one student has even mentioned the fact that the board was changed or has asked me about the pocket with the directions on it.  Hmmmm....  I'm gonna give it a few more days.  Maybe I'll break down and mention it the day before I take it down.  I want them to be observant - or maybe parents that read this blog can encourage them to check it out.


Have a great rest of your week.  Next week is our big testing week.  We're putting last minute reviews on concepts that we've covered.  These kids will do great.  What a blessing it is to work with them each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment